Saturday, February 9, 2013

Decoupaged Clipboard

This is one of those projects that I've been wanting to do for a long time.  I just love the look of re-purposed clipboards and now was the time:



These photos give you a look at both sides.  This was an easy project, although, I will say it was time-consuming.  Now that's it's finished, it was definitely worth it!  Here is how I did it:
I used an old clipboard that had been begging to be re-purposed!  I used some sandpaper to "rough-up" the surface and applied a thin layer of Mod Podge with a foam brush.  I carefully place the paper on the clipboard and used my brayer to smooth any bumps and/or bubbles.  The back was the easy part. The front took a little more ingenuity.

First, I made a template so  I could cut the paper to fit around the clip:

I used the template to cut the paper:


This is where I had to be creative. The clip is not removable, so I had to use a clamp to hold the clip open during all of the "Mod Podging".  I used 5 layers of Mod Podge.

When everything was dry, it was time to add the bling.  I had some in my stash, but went to the store to buy more.  Here is a close-up of the clip:

E-6000 was used as the adhesive.
I'd love to hear what you think of this little project...
In the meantime,
My Time To Craft is having a Decoupage Challenge this week.  Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Design Team has created!

Till next time - Stay Crafty, Everyone!
And, don't forget, tomorrow I'm, participating in the Be Mine Blog Hop.  You don't want to miss it!





9 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your "new" clipboard. Thanks for doing such a thorough job of explaining how you did it.
:) Marie

Kim. said...

This now looks really pretty Ann.
Kim xXx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun this is just stunning, love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Wedgie said...

Thats so pretty, fab idea!
Wedgie xxx

Stamping Shanni said...

Gorgeous project Ann! I love it and am going to channel some of that creativity on a similar project this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration! Saw your link on MIM.
Stamping Shanni

Sheila said...

This is a fantastic project, I think I will have a go at making one myself x

Rene said...

This is fantastic! We need one for our house!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
Rene :D

Birgit said...

This is inventive and love the pearls etc..on the actual clippart. Great work. Saw this on MIM

Becky B. said...

Lovin' this project, Ann! The bling on the clip is the perfect touch...AWESOME job!