Saturday, January 11, 2014

Twisted Easel Card

The Easel Card is the challenge this week at My Time To Craft.  I thought I'd change it (or twist it) up a bit!  Here is my Twisted Easel Card:

I used the Chantilly papers and a couple of stamp sets from Close To My Heart.  You'll notice that this card doesn't look "straight" when it's opened.  That's the 'twisted' part! Here's a little "How-To" so you can make one of your own:

Start with an 8.5" X 11" piece of cardstock that is cut into 2 pieces:
You only need one piece - save the other one for your next card!

Begin by scoring your piece of cardstock at 5.5" and then score it again diagonally:


Now fold your cardstock along the first score line to make it look like a card.  Then fold along the diagonal score line.  It should look like this:
Do you see the base of the card starting to take shape?

You will need another piece of cardstock that is cut to 5.5" by 4 and 1/4".  It is pictured here:

Add adhesive to the one triangular section: 

and attach your cardstock piece:
This is the front view.

Here's a look from the back:

The only thing left to do is to embellish!  

Here are a couple of more pics of my actual card from different angles:
The back

The side

Helpful hint:  I added a pearl to help keep the card propped open:

I hope you'll give this technique a try.  It's quite simple and makes a beautiful card for a friend to display!

Be sure to make yours and then share it with us at My Time To Craft...we'll be looking for you!


Linking to: Make It Monday
                Heart 2 Heart Challenges - Something New.  In this case, this is a new card                          technique for me!


14 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful twisted easel card Ann.

Pat xx

Georgiana said...

I am so glad you included the pictorial. I may actually make one now that I have the pictures and directions!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Beautiful card, Love the shape, Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us, Brilliant, Love Hazelxox

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

Everything looks so much simpler with great photos of even the smallest step .Great tutorial .Pretty papers and flower . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Loz said...

Gorgeous card and tutorial. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Brandi said...

Very pretty and great tutorial. I love how you used Chantilly for this card, so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Jen Patrick said...

Very pretty card! I need to try that easel technique :)
Thanks for playing along at H2H Challenges!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great tutorial hun, thanks for sharing.
Love the bright colours on those papers just gorgeous
Hugs Shell xx

Jo said...

This is great Ann. Love the twist.
Jo :)

Wendy McCarthy said...

Beautiful bright card and great tutorial! Spotted it on MIM xx

Vickie ODell said...

I saw your card on Make It Monday and had to take a closer look since it looked like the Chantilly paper I have. How delighted I was to see your well-illustrated tutorial. I can't wait to try it!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fab tut and gorgeous card! The beautiful bright colors caught my eye on MIM. xxD

CraftySarcasm said...

This is fabulous. I love those bright, cheery colors of the paper. What a great tutorial.

Shirley Ross said...

Great twisted easel card and so bright and springy. Thanks for joining us at H2H