Tuesday, March 4, 2014

This Warms My Heart

This post is LONG overdue!  My apologies to Charity and boys ministry group.  Here is their story...

Last October, a very sweet lady named Charity contacted me.  She explained that she was in charge of a boys ministry group.  The boys from her church were working on a missionary project for a family in Yugoslavia and were looking for things to create and sell at a craft fair to benefit this family.  They came across my blog and saw some cupcake ornaments that I had made for Christmas.  

The boys asked her to contact me for permission to use my project. (Do you feel your heart swelling?)  Of course I said, "Yes"!  I then asked her if I could tell their story in a blog post.  She agreed and promised to send me some photos. 

Fast forward to January.  Charity contacted me again informing me that the boys had a successful craft fair.  The cupcake ornaments were a hit and they raised $225.  

I have never met these boys and I am so proud of them!  Here are some photos of their ornaments:


Aren't they FABULOUS??????

I always knew the internet is a very powerful resource.  I guess I didn't realize how my little corner of the blogging world can have such an effect on people so far away.  I am inspired by these boys and am proud to have given them a little inspiration to do so much good.  

I hope this story warmed your heart as much as it did mine.
Have a great week!


4 comments:

Merlesworld said...

It is a good way of sharing ideas, and it was nice of them to ask permission and let you know how it went.
Merle.........

Haley D. said...

What a heartwarming story!

One prayer at a time said...

Thank you so much for letting us use you idea. The boys are very excited to see their work on your blog!

Kim. said...

What a wonderful story, I am not surprised you are so proud.
Kim xXx